|To become a member of AKD, you will first need to meet some requirements:
Do you meet these minimum requirements? If so, here is some helpful information and next steps:
- A lifetime membership is $40 and there is no obligation to renew your membership
- You must join through your chapter. We do not accept individual memberships from students.
- Contact your chapter representative to check when he/she will be sending out an announcement to join AKD
- Not sure who your chapter representative is? Contact us to find out!
- Did your chapter representative direct you to our page to fill out the membership application? Download it here!
- If you think your chapter may not send out official announcements about membership, fill out our generic membership application and give it to your chapter representative to let him/her know you are interested in joining
- Please note: Make sure the chapter representative approves your membership before writing a check for your membership and handing it over
- When will you become an official member? You are officially a member of Alpha Kappa Delta when our Executive Office receives your membership payment from the chapter. The Executive Office puts you in the system as a member and will order you a membership certificate (certificates are sent to your chapter representative and take about two weeks to arrive from the time we receive the order).
- What about an official induction ceremony? Most chapters have some kind of induction ceremony; however, each chapter is different and AKD does not require an induction ceremony be held in order for students to be official members. Induction ceremonies come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes. Here are a few examples:
- Formal ceremony with a keynote speaker
- Holding a brunch, dinner, or other social gathering
- Playing a round of putt-putt
- Combine the induction with some other event, such as an honors recognition ceremony
- Do you have any other questions? Please let us know!