Emory Bogardus Chapter of the Year Award
The Emory Bogardus Chapter of the Year Award has been established to recognize and reward chapter achievement in fulfilling the general purposes of Alpha Kappa Delta: to acknowledge and promote excellence in scholarship in the study of sociology, the research of social problems, and such other social and intellectual activities as will lead to improvement in the human condition. The use of this award is to support chapter development and service activities.
One applying chapter will be awarded $500 to support chapter development and service activities.
Open to all active undergraduate and graduate Alpha Kappa Delta chapters.
- Active chapters are those who have paid their annual dues (chapter representative renewal), have filed all IRS paperwork with the AKD Executive Office, and have submitted a chapter report from the previous academic year.
- Previous Chapter of the Year recipients are ineligible to submit an application for two consecutive years following their achievement.
Submit a completed application and any accompanying documents to the Executive Office via email.
Past Chapter of the Year Award Winners
- 2018-2019: University of Nebraska-Omaha
- 2017-2018: California Baptist University
- 2016-2017: Eastern Illinois University
- 2015-2016: Kent State University
- 2014-2015: Shawnee State University
- 2013-2014: Ball State University