Emory Bogardus Chapter of the Year Award
The Emory Bogardus Chapter of the Year Award has been established to recognize and reward chapter achievement in fulfilling the general purposes of Alpha Kappa Delta: to acknowledge and promote excellence in scholarship in the study of sociology, the research of social problems, and such other social and intellectual activities as will lead to improvement in the human condition. The use of this award is to support chapter development and service activities.
One applying chapter will be awarded $500 to support chapter development and service activities.
Open to all active undergraduate and graduate Alpha Kappa Delta chapters.
- Active chapters are those who have paid their annual dues (chapter representative renewal), have filed all IRS paperwork with the AKD Executive Office, and have submitted a chapter report from the previous academic year.
- Previous Chapter of the Year recipients are ineligible to submit an application for two consecutive years following their achievement.
Submit a completed application and any accompanying documents to the Executive Office via email.
2019-2020 Chapter of the Year Recipient
University of Central Arkansas
This chapter has a vibrant membership and offers a variety of different types of activities for their students including speakers, workshops, and forums for majors and AKD members. They promote scholarship in multiple ways such as student presentations, forums, and guest speakers. This chapter has a strong focus on social justice activities and the members of the selection committee were struck by their passion for increasing awareness about social justice and the major. Notable was their TAILGATeology program hosted before a football game to raise awareness about Sociology. Excellent work, University of Central Arkansas!
Past Chapter of the Year Award Winners
- 2018-2019: University of Nebraska-Omaha
- 2017-2018: California Baptist University
- 2016-2017: Eastern Illinois University
- 2015-2016: Kent State University
- 2014-2015: Shawnee State University
- 2013-2014: Ball State University