Student Member Research Travel Grant
- students must be members of AKD
- students must have papers accepted for presentation and listed on the program (confirmation required)
- AKD will reimburse for reasonable expenses (registration fees, travel)
- the total amount eligible for a chapter’s application can not exceed $400/student or $1,200/chapter
- If traveling, each student must complete a travel release form and the chapter must submit the certification form
Student Member Research Travel Grant Information
This travel grant helps offset travel costs to current Alpha Kappa Delta student members to present a paper or poster at a regional sociology meeting. Sociological regional meetings Alpha Kappa Delta currently funds include the following:
- Eastern Sociological Society
- Mid-South Sociological Association
- Midwest Sociological Society
- North Central Sociological Association
- Pacific Sociological Association
- Southern Sociological Society
Alpha Kappa Delta does not fund those traveling to the annual American Sociological Association (ASA) meetings. Please visit ASA’s website at www.asanet.org for information on their student funding travel program.
Amount Eligible for Funding
Upon approval of the application, Alpha Kappa Delta may fund up to $400 per student, but no more than $1,200 per chapter per academic year.
Please note the amount requested may not be what you are approved for as the amount available is prorated based on the number of eligible requests received in our office. There will be no prepayment of funds.
- One application per chapter – combine all requests if students are attending different regional meetings
- Funding is for current undergraduate and graduate Alpha Kappa Delta student members only
- For application purposes, we will accept multiple membership orders per semester
- Applications for membership must be received in the Executive Office before the deadline
- Students must be presenting at a session or presenting a poster to receive funding
- For application purposes, we will only need a student’s abstract that has been/will be sent to the regional society in order to approve funding (it does not need to be officially approved for presentation at the conference by our deadline).
- Only students who have completed travel release forms are eligible for support
- Chapters must be active and in good standing with the Executive Office in order to receive funding
- Applications must be reasonable. Funding levels depend on the plausibility of applications. Payment amounts depend on the accuracy and completeness of the application.
Send the following completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Travel Release Form (if traveling in-person)
- Certification Form (if traveling in-person)
Fall: September 25, 2021
Not currently accepting applications for spring conferences.
*Deadlines are the dates in which applications are reviewed. Spring travel applications may be sent in at the fall and winter deadline. Requests are, however, reviewed in the order received and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Remember that funds are limited. Alpha Kappa Delta holds the right to fund less than the amount requested.